We finished our first batch of bread yesterday so I tried my hand at making another batch today, this time French Bread. I used the recipe that came in the instruction manual (yes, I read it!) but subbed the oil with apple sauce instead as Laloofah suggested.
It puffed up beautifully until the last hour when I checked it again and saw the middle had caved in. Oops! Where did I go wrong? Perhaps it was because I lifted the lid a few times to scrape the little bits stuck to the side and add more flour? In any case, the bottom still had some flour-y bits as you can see on the bottom.
It's still very edible though. The crust outside was hard and crunchy just like the french bread in the supermarkets so I was quite happy about that! I think next time I'll add more flour and limit the lid lifting to once or twice only.
My sprouts are growing very well (or at least I think they are). I started only yesterday and today I already see little sprout tails! How fun!
And since we've gotten our new juicer, we've been juicing everyday. I feel so healthy, LOL! Here's an orange/apple/strawberry/carrot concoction. You can see the different layers:
Lastly, my guinea pigs remind me this blog is called the VeganWheekers but the "Wheekers" part has been lacking lately so here is a recent pic of Bert enjoying some lap time:
Hope y'all had a great weekend!