Rebelmouse

Friday, December 18, 2009

Tempt Mint Chip Ice Cream

I love ice cream in any kind of weather so you'll still catch me buying vegan ice cream in the dead of winter if I stop by Rainbow or Whole Foods. It's a luxury I can't resist.

My usual buys are Turtle Mountain's So Delicious or Purely Decadent (I just realized they're from the same company, ha!). They're often on sale and they have great flavors, my favorite being Butter Pecan. They have a line of coconut ice cream too, but since I'm not a fan of coconut, I happily stuck to their soy versions.

That is until I found THIS:


Living Harvest's Tempt non-dairy frozen dessert made with hempmilk. In their words:
"Mint Chip Tempt combines the coolness of mint with chocolaty bits, blended into deliciously smooth Hempmilk - one of nature's most perfect, planet-friendly foods."

Holy moly, I have found the vegan equivalent of my favorite non-vegan ice cream of yesteryears. What won me over? Not that it's mint flavored, which other brands also carry. Not that it's made of hemp, which is definitely unique and yummy. My dears, the magic touch was the chocolate chip flakes that's in every bite. Please note I said "flakes" because that's what makes this different from the chocolate "chunks" in other chocolate chip ice cream. These delicate flakes offer a super chocolately pizazz before melting in your mouth with the ice cream. The taste and texture is heavenly! And there's LOTS of them, so you're guaranteed a burst of chocolate with every bite. Perfect. Just perfect.

Sorry, the ice cream disappeared before I got to take a picture. It happens.

Tempt comes in several other flavors: Vanilla Bean, Coffee Biscotti, Chocolate Fudge, Coconut Lime.

Give it a try if you see it in your market. According to them, hemp contains no known allergens. And it's a nice addition to the soy and coconut options.

Vegan food rules!

12/21/09
Coupon alert! Just found this $0.75 coupon on any Tempt product. Expires 12/31/09.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. Comin' to your house to eat your Mint Chip Tempt and play with Bert and Belle. Wonder how quickly I can get there? :-)

    I love Living Harvest's hemp milk, and when we have it on hand (the nearest store that carries it is over 2 hours away), we add it to our homemade ice cream, but have not seen their Tempt ice creams! (Of course, I live in a vegan wasteland, maybe that's why?!) Your description sure had my mouth watering, though, so I'm almost glad you didn't get a picture! :-)

    Vegan food rules for sure! And so does hemp! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chance to try this at a show recently, and I was surprised at how good it is. But Purely Decadent coconut milk Mint Chip is still the clear favorite at our house. My kids picked up on the hemp taste in the Tempt, even though I didn't.

    ReplyDelete