Rebelmouse

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy World Vegan Day!

It's Day One of VeganMofo and fittingly, it's also World Vegan Day! Say hi, guys!

Introducing the VeganWheekers for our new folks. That's Belle on the left and Bert on the right. They're naturally vegan so they don't see the significance of this day. However, they also don't get to eat Lavash Bread Pizza!

I had a craving for pizza but was too tired to make pizza dough from scratch. I did however have Trader Joe's Lavash Bread in the fridge so I improvised (and aren't the best recipes sometimes from improvisation?).

Lavash Bread Pizza
Step One: Spread a layer of Daiya cheese on one side of the bread for a cheese stuffed crust pizza effect.

Step Two: Fold in half so you've got a sturdier base for the pizza and spread on tomato paste. If you have a nice pizza sauce, go for it.
Step Three: Lay on the toppings of your choice! I used onion, red bell pepper, pineapple, and olive with a dash of vegetable seasoning and salt. Then add a bit more Daiya on top of that.

Step Four: Put under broiler for 10-15 mins, watch that it doesn't burn (like mine kinda did!).

I was so hungry, I had already split the pizza in half for hubby and I before I remembered to take a picture. The "crust" is crispy with a nice layer of cheezy goo. So there you have it! Easy pizza under 20 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! And it's Nov 1st! Two more months until the new year. Ca-ray-zeee!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Belle & Bert!

    And that looks delicious and such a perfect meal to whip up when you're short on time :) I wish we had Daiya here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bert and Belle are BEAUTIFUL! I love guinea pigs so much.
    That pizza looks delicious!
    Happy MoFo'ing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is making me type "oh my gah" all over the internet.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandee, Jeni, and kittee! Thanks so much for coming by the blog! Bert & Belle wheek their hallos!

    ReplyDelete