Rebelmouse

Friday, September 5, 2014

VeganMoFo 2014: #3 Mee Goreng


Mee Goreng was another dish I tried in Singapore. I found an already vegan recipe from rasamalaysia.com. http://rasamalaysia.com/veggie-mee-goreng-fried-noodles/2/
Go make it, it's so simple and good!

My version didn't have potatoes (I was in a hurry). I added yu choy vegetables for some greens and the last half of the shrimp bites to finish it off. Don't do that though as the taste was overpowering in this dish. 

The beauty of mee goreng is in the sauce. "Ketchup in stir fry noodle?!?" you might say skeptically. Just give it a try and let me know what you think!

Today's dish is brought to you by:

She's a stray kitty we found in the bushes. She's currently quarantined in the bathroom due to ringworms but we bring her to the yard for some exercise and fresh air every day. She loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment