Rebelmouse

Monday, November 15, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 11: Panang Curry

Happy Monday!

Brace yourself, this picture is not very flattering for a very yummy dish:

I know it looks like a yellow blob but I promise you there's tofu, cauliflower, and eggplant in there.

Hubz loves curry so here we are with another curry dish. He paid it the highest compliment by saying, "I've eaten many curries but nothing that tasted like this." I had to make sure he wasn't being sarcastic. Indeed he really liked it!

You can use the recipe from Chef Chloe or Epicurious.The only difference in ingredients is the veggies added at the end. Chloe used sweet potato and kale; Epicurious used carrots and red bell pepper. I myself used eggplant and cauliflower. The surprising ingredient was peanut butter; I've never seen peanut butter used in a curry before. It really made the curry extra creamy on top of the coconut milk. Yum!

If you love curry, I highly recommend this recipe (from either source). We'll definitely be making this again!

 "Is it Monday already?"

1 comment:

  1. That is such a gorgeous yellow and I'd love to try this curry, I'd go with Chloe's recipe! (I might even use this for the letter T in my challenge! so thanks for sharing!)

    And Bert is such a cutie, I love his little nose!

    ReplyDelete