Rebelmouse

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 9: Curried Pineapple Rice

With leftover pineapple chunks sitting in the fridge, I knew I found tonight's dinner when I saw ChowVegan's Curried Pineapple Rice. It's a quick, low maintenance meal to whip up; just chop everything and throw them into the rice cooker to cook together with the rice. It's also healthy since there's no oil or frying involved.

I subbed some ingredients from ChowVegan's original: yellow onion instead of green, 1/2 lemon instead of lime, and pine nuts instead of almonds. I also left out mushrooms since I don't like them and raisins which I don't have. I'm sure the original version is much better, LOL! In any case, hubz loved it and we'll be making it again.

3 comments:

  1. You had me at "quick" and "low-maintenance." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yum! I've have been enjoying more savoury/sweet combinations so I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete