Rebelmouse

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 3: Cauliflower Tempura

Today's Vegan Mofo is brought to you by my hubby!

To show his support, he made his special dish for me to share: Cauliflower Tempura


What I love about his tempura is the thickness of the flour. It's totally yummy with the soft veggie inside!

Ingredients:
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
3/4 box of Tempura mix (7.5 oz)
2 tbsp of soy sauce or Bragg's
3 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of water (exactly!)
oil for frying

Directions:
1. Except for the cauliflower, toss the ingredients in a bowl and mix. It should make a thick paste. (Too much water would dilute it and make for a thin layer on the tempura.)
2. Heat oil in pan. Roll cauliflower in mix and deep fry until golden brown.


"Feed me!"

4 comments:

  1. Hey VW, guess what? BW cooked us cauliflower for dinner last night too! (Along with yams and our leftover Halloween rice mix). Our men were on the same culinary wavelength, apparently! :-) Ours was just steamed, but back when we fried in oil we used to love making tempura veggies (and your photo really makes me miss it!) We made our own tempura batter (I can't remember the recipe exactly, but it was arrowroot flour, a bottle of a really good beer, and some seasonings), and our favorite veggie to cook that was sweet potatoes, sliced about 1/4" thick. So good!

    Poor Belle has to smell all those tasty aromas coming from your kitchen and all she's got to eat are a few pellet crumbs? Poor girl! ;-)

    How are her teefers doing, by the way? xoxo to you and the Wheekers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laloo! That's so funny our hubs were on the same wavelength!

    Thanks for your concern over Belle. Her teeth had another trim in August but she's been ok since then. I stopped their dieting (reducing their pellets) and that seemed to help. No teeth problem and they don't seem to be gaining weight (though they're not losing either!). Hopefully we can extend the time before her next teeth trim.

    I had a blast at the SF Giants parade yesterday. Will share more about it in the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news about Belle! Thanks for the update! Now I'm off to view your fun SF Giants parade post! (I already peeked at it, but it was in haste.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy mofo! This looks yummy.....I'd be sitting there saying "feed me" too!

    ReplyDelete